Basic Security Guard Training
Initial basic security guard training for a United Security Services employee is determined by the location of the required performance and is completed by the employee prior to assignment at the facility. In general, the course will include classroom instruction on General and Post Orders, operational and emergency procedures, use of security equipment, defensive tactics and people skills.
Training program requirements are to complete our accredited security training courses and to pass a written test for each category.
- S01 – Arrest Procedures for Security Personnel
- S02 – Pr-24 Baton Certification
- S03 – Client Relations / Service Attitude
- S04 – Emergency Preparedness; Earthquake, Fire and Bomb Threats
- S05 – Fire Arm Permits, State Certification Course
- S06 – First Aid and CPR Course
- S07 – Hostage Preparedness
- S08 – Basic Law for Security Officers
- S09 – Observation Skills and Reporting
- S10 – Power to Arrest / Guard Card
- S11 – Report Writing
- S12 – Security Patrol Procedures, Introduction
- S13 – Tear Gas, Mace, Pepper Spray / Permit
- S14 – Union Strike Preparedness
On Going Security Training
Consistent on going training enhances skills and knowledge of security issues and operational procedural changes. Training is usually held for short periods during the day at client approved training sessions. These sessions keep our security officers up to date with new security strategies, new security policies and new security laws.
Our security officers have access to a web-based, interactive and self-placed learning hub. This learning hub allows our security officers to learn the skills they need while at home or at the office. Our web-based learning hub has been integrated with PSTN® (Professional Security Training Network) and PRIMEnetTM to give employees access to more than 180 specific online security training guides complete with full security study guides and security testing materials. These courses utilize various media to get important security information across. Our security officers are given the opportunity to hone their existing skills while adding new disciplines to their background.