The Coronavirus pandemic does not show any signs of slowing down. The number of COVID-19 cases is on the rise.
The U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention has produced models to show that if no action were to be taken to slow the spread, the global impact would be staggering. According to one projection, between 160 million and 214 million people in the U.S. could be infected. This can last for months or even a year, experts say. 2.4 million to 21 million people in the U.S. could require hospitalization, potentially crushing the nation’s medical system’s capacity.
How did the outbreak spread across the world in a matter of days?
This is not yet known. The authorities appointed in countries assure that affected passengers and citizens are sent to off-site quarantine facilities for further observation. These facilities are well supported and guarded by trained security guards and police officers. Although people are living their normal daily lives with regular activities, there are also people pulled out of them to make sure that the quarantine facilities have 24/7 security.
The unsung heroes of this crisis are security guards appointed outside corporate offices, residential societies, bus stations, hospitals, and roads.
They have received adequate training and are equipped with the safety equipment needed in situations of quarantine. The authorities and officials in countries have defended the whole handling of respective areas of outbreaks on the shoulders of security guards.
Ways in which security guards can help you during the outbreak of Coronavirus
A team of armed and unarmed security guards plays an important part to keep the outbreak under control regardless of how long this is going to last.
- United’s well-trained team of security guards, can help protect or be that ‘extra eye’ assisting residential properties monitor and report any situation to local authorities.
- For commercial properties or other places of business that will also definitely need protection, guards will have a big role by enforcing strict policies of hygiene, which all of our staff have been made aware of in order to contain the virus besides sharing awareness and outreach campaigns to prepare the community.
- While people will try to stay safe or make face to the current Coronavirus Outbreak, burglars are attentive and looking for ways to take advantage of the situation. During this period of epidemiologic emergency, thefts and break-ins might increase significantly. Unoccupied homes and unlocked cars are easy targets.
- Security guards can work in collaboration with teams of sanitation officials, paramedics, and doctors to maintain order and be the spokesperson for the current status situation.
- A security guard can, on average, validate 500+ visitors during an 8-hour shift. This is made possible with the help of surveillance cameras, biometric recognition, compact surveillance radar systems, glass break detections, etc.
- The work of security guards gets more complex in adverse weather conditions, specifically the rainy season. The number of visitors rises as people start ordering food, groceries, and transport online. This makes visitor verification a vital piece in the security operation.
- Security guards have the resources to attend queries from residents and check the status of guests who overstayed on-premises.
- While taking the infected patient to the hospital, it requires both security guards and hospital staff to help in moving the stretcher till ambulance. When people deny helping in fear of getting infected, the security guards can step in as a hero.
- In some of the countries, they have stationed security guards at the entrances to prevent infected patients from escaping the off-site quarantine facilities.
- While enforcing restrictions to ensure that law and order are maintained, the security officers maintain that the situation of quarantine is observed. Their efforts and continuous contribution toward the safety of citizens of all countries are always appreciated.
United Security Services has a team of skilled security guards ready to play their part to help in bringing the situation of an outbreak under control and protect you and your property. Call today for a free consultation 800-505-1234.