Have you heard the saying, ”Precaution is always better than cure”? This rule or philosophy is applicable at many places in our lives, from our health to our business health.
Taking preventive measures to secure your business will continue for a long time.
Many people ask us, ‘how do I know whether my business needs security or not?’ And it is a valid question! How can one know whether or not they need security?
Sometimes, the owner can watch over the employees or have their underlings watch over them. However, security becomes an issue when you are managing a big business.
This physical limitation can only be fulfilled by hiring security guards. So today, we’re going to talk about 5 early signs your business needs a security guard.
Need more eyes on the floor
- Is it possible for people to come and go as they want at your company?
- There’s nothing wrong with having guests, but how can you know what’s actually going on at your business if you don’t have control over them?
- Not having information on people who are entering and leaving the premises can leave you with a poker face at the time of emergency. Having an armed guard stationed at the entry can assist you in keeping track of who enters and exits your building.
Growth in business
- Business growth is an amazing milestone. However, this also indicates that you will need to restructure the security of your business.
- Adding more staff and locating new office space can be a challenge, and this period of change might expose your organization to security dangers.
- Hiring a corporate security guard during this period of expansion can assist you in smoothly expanding your activities.
Parking area issues
- Parking garages can be a haven for criminal activity. When your staff is busy, vandalism and criminal activity can happen in broad daylight.
- Hiring professional armed guards can assist you in this situation. Often seeing a guard in possession of a gun is enough to deter the criminal and make them change their plans.
- You may not see these activities in your parking lot as the criminals are hidden.
Slower Emergency Responses
- Many cities and municipalities have had to reduce their funding for police and firefighters, which impacted their performance. The EMS and police response times have been slowed due to the downsizing.
- An armed security guard is trained to respond to emergencies, whether they require first aid or arrest a criminal.
- They are helpful in various situations where you can’t afford to wait for law enforcement.
- Your business can be held accountable for any activities taken by your employees. According to a study, $50 billion worth of goods is stolen by employees every year in the US.
- You could be held accountable if an employee obtains sensitive client data and uses it for identity theft. The customers, vendors and workers may file liability claims against your company due to an emergency, theft, or robbery, which can be difficult to handle.
- So by hiring armed security guards, you lessen your liability risk and leave a good impression on your customer.
These are the early signs you need to watch for to know whether your business needs security or not. For effective armed security guards, always choose a reputable security company.