As per the National Fire Protection Association’s 101 Life Safety Code, you may be obliged to hire a fire watch security guard in San Diego for your business. A fire watch is a person or group assigned to physically patrol a building or property for fire threats. The firewatch security guards are especially trained security guards that are required in a variety of situations, including:
- Welding and other open flame jobs are examples of “hot work.”
- Pipes that have frozen or have been damaged
- Fire alarm and sprinkler system failures are examples of equipment failures.
- Inspections and routine maintenance are examples of pre-planned events.
- Interruptions in water supply
- Outages of electricity
What do fire watch security guards do?
The following are some of the responsibilities of fire watch security guards:
- At regular shifts, patrolling the premises/building.
- Keeping an eye out for fire hazards and spotting probable problems that could lead to a fire, such as defective equipment;
- After each patrol/shift, keep a record of any pertinent information about fire hazards;
- Performing a thorough inspection of all fire-fighting equipment (fire monitoring system, fire suppression equipment);
- In the event of a fire, a fire watch guard contacts the fire department and provides them with pertinent information in order to limit damage and safeguard the occupants.
Complex tasks of firewatch security guard
In situations where fire breakage is uncontrollable, fire watch security guards focus on helping people evacuate from a building. They are well-versed with all the exit doors and can assist people in evacuating a building to reduce the health consequences of inhaling harmful gases in a burning building.
Checking fire-fighting equipment
To fight with fire, you need proper equipment and gear. So, firewatch security guards in San Diego are trained to check all the fire fighting equipment such as sprinkler systems, fire alarms, and extinguishers and maintain a log of them.
Securing construction site
Among several businesses and industries in San Diego, construction sites are the most susceptible to damage and fire threats. The reason behind this is quite simple. If you have seen a construction site, you will see a lot of raw material open and spread in various parts of the site. For example, open or leaking fuel sources, fine wood curls, and flammable substances can easily catch fire and lead to a fire outbreak.
Fix fire-related errors
Firewatch security guards are thoroughly trained professionals who not only actively patrol but also fix errors and faults upon finding them. In addition, they are equipped with proper tools and equipment that assist them in fixing the errors.
Watch over events
Problems often come unannounced, and the majority of the time, people are not prepared to handle the situation. If a fire spreads, it is common to assume that fire will lead to a huge commotion, and controlling a crowd can be difficult. You can reduce these problems by hiring firewatch security guards. They will assist you in handling difficult situations and calmly help people evacuate the premises.
These reasons make firewatch security guards a popular and reliable choice among many companies. Hire a professional fire watch security guard from United Security Services and never worry about problems.