Knowing and understanding how to secure your premises is a vital factor in safety of your premises. Of course, you can hire security guards in San Jose to secure your premises from lurking dangers, but you also need to have a good idea of managing security in your premises. So, to help you ensure higher security, here are some tips from our professional security officers.
Create a Security Management Plan
- Making a security management plan is the first step in securing your building. This is accomplished by performing an exhaustive assessment of your site’s security risks and threats. This will reveal every gap in your building’s security and help you choose the right security systems, procedures, and tools.
- You’ll be able to create a thorough management plan to close all of the security gaps you’ve found in your building after doing the evaluation. Making a procedure, or list of activities, for responding to any potential threat is a crucial component of this. But this also applies to your staff and tenants, not just security personnel.
Control Who Enters your Premises
- Knowing who is in the building at any one time is one of the most important aspects of building security, and access control management makes this possible. You may decide and enforce who has access to the property, various buildings, and even specific floors, rooms, and pieces of equipment with an access control management system.
- A security guard can manage access control manually by signing individuals in and out or automatically using technological devices. Key cards, ID badges, and more sophisticated forms of identification like biometric (fingerprint or retinal) scanners are all examples of electronic equipment.
- Your building’s security is greatly enhanced by installing security cameras, such as CCTV cameras. Security cameras are a powerful deterrent for criminal conduct, similar to alarms. Even better, compared to alarms, they are more noticeable and simple to spot.
- If a crime does occur, security cameras will capture the event, making it simpler for the police to apprehend the offenders and maybe recover the stolen property. In other situations, it may only be feasible to be insured with security camera installation, as security footage may be required for claiming your business insurance.
Use Monitored Alarm System
- In several ways, a monitored alarm system contributes to the security of your building. First, having an alarm system in place can dissuade criminal activity. Alarms placed all around your property may deter would-be burglars from taking the risk.
- On a similar topic, the sound made by the alarm is an even greater deterrent if someone tries to break into your building. But, again, the invasive person feels insecure because the loud noise makes them dizzy and draws attention.
- Thirdly, a monitored alarm system can send signals to a mobile device or a monitoring station, alerting the on-duty security guard to a potential breach.
You can install these technologies and take necessary precautions to keep security out of your premises. So, along with hiring security guards in San Jose, you can install these items in your high-rise building.