Security Guard Services: Stats and Figures That you Need to Know
As the name implies, the security Guard services are provided by organization that focus on crime prevention and deterrence, which is critical in securing goods, enterprises, and people. In addition, the security guards in San Diego have a lot of room for expansion right now, with a forecasted growth rate that is higher than the national average.
As we look ahead into the next half of 2022, there will be certain areas of the security industry that will dominate, which we, as industry leaders, must be aware of and prepared for in order to provide the greatest service to our clients.
According to Zippia analysis of demographics and statistics for Security Guards in the United States, we found out several statistical data of security guards in the United States. We have compared our projections against BLS, Census, and current job vacancy data for accuracy. Zippia’s data science team discovered the following after conducting a significant investigation and analysis:
- In the United States, there are more than 800,000 Security Guards currently employed.
- Women make up 28 percent of all Security Guards of the country, while men make up 72 percent.
- The average age of an employed Security Guard is 44 years old.
- White is the most frequent ethnicity among Security Guards (58.6%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (19.0%), and Black or African American (10.1%).
- The majority of Security Guards work in New York, Chicago and Illinois.
- Security guards earn an average of $30,409 a year.
- The average starting wage for security guards is $23,000.
- Women earn 99 percent of what men earn in 2021.
- Security Guards in the top ten percent of the pay scale can make up to $38,000 per year.
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people make up 7% of all security guards.
According to the Wall Street Journal, the Great Resignation in 2021 saw “4.3 million people” abandon their jobs.
To actively work on maintaining your company’s retention in a quickly growing market, having a more flexible schedule, and recruiting more people (spending more money) will save you more money in the long run when it comes to hiring, training, and obtaining new personnel.
Many businesses fail to change with the times, resulting in a loss of personnel, respect, and willingness to work.
This has also caused major disturbances in the security industry. However, security guard services are an industry that, no matter what the market situation is, will always have a consistent demand in the market.
Several businesses and people hire security guards in San Diego for 24x7security. The guards are trained by security companies and deployed to clients’ premises to protect them and their employees from any kind of threat.
A reliable way to secure your business
Providing utmost security is what we do. And ensuring our security guards are performing well is our duty. We understand your needs and make necessary amendments to provide proper security to our clients.
Moreover, hiring security guard services from a third-party organization will help you stay protected from events like mass resignation. To know more about security guards or prepare a security plan for your business, contact us today.