Don’t leave your construction site open to threats! Thieves and vandals are taking advantage of the increased opportunities to commit their crimes.
From unauthorized access and material theft to the safety of personnel working on the site, there are immense avoidable incidents on construction sites that can bring your whole project to a grinding halt. If you don’t want these things to happen, it’s better to hire skilled, highly-qualified construction site security guards. Highly-knowledgeable security guards also establish a supervisory key control program for motorized equipment.
Professional construction site security guards have gone through advanced training that includes:
- Addressing topics, such as crowd control, workplace violence and the use of force.
- Electronic surveillance and monitoring.
- High-risk areas that need to be patrolled.
- Vulnerability of construction site material and equipment that is prone to theft.
- Traffic routes, checks, controls and procedures.
- Well-aware of all the advanced tools that are important for surveillance.
- Learning soft skills that are necessary for sensitive visitors.
- Practicing site emergency procedures, such as dealing with various scenarios that may occur on the site.
- Carefully supervising all trash removal from the construction site.
- Authorized access control procedures and documentation.
Duties and key responsibilities of construction site security guards
Every construction site has its unique nuances. It is vital to have a professional, custom-built security organization to secure the construction site for project to run efficiently. Top construction site security guards customize the security matrix to meet your specific needs.
Professional security guards perform various duties and key responsibilities, including:
- Concierge duties
- Meeting and greeting visitors and staff to CDL, ensuring the correct sign-in procedures are used.
- Protecting the interest of workers.
- Observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.
- Walk-in alerts when manning on-duty.
- Locking and unlocking of the construction site and cabins during non-working hours.
- Being faithful, diligent and dependable in discharging their duties.
- Building management duties
- Ensures security of the construction site is being maintained.
- Controlling access to the construction site.
- Provides security for building material stored on the construction site.
- Monitor alarm and surveillance systems.
- Patrolling areas and conducting security checks around the clock.
- Monitor security of the ground.
- Facility management duties
- Ensures building is well-maintained to high levels.
- Develops maintenance procedures.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with legislative requirements.
- Ensures information is accurately communicated to the construction site supervisor, which can be done using facility management software
- Communicates with external contractors and service providers.
- Checking, accepting and directing all deliveries to the construction site.
Highly-skilled, qualified construction site security guards take a preventive approach to crime and work diligently to keep workers, construction companies and their projects safe from potential threats.